Wednesday 29 June 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (01)

I decided to start participating in a meme called 'Waiting on Wednesday', hosted by Breaking the Spine. This meme is about new, upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!


My pick for this week is:
Cristina Garcia - Dreams of Significant Girls 
Publication date: July 12th 2011
Brought together each summer at a boarding school in Switzerland, three girls learn a lot more than just French and European culture. Shirin, an Iranian princess; Ingrid, a German-Canadian eccentric; and Vivien, a Cuban-Jewish New Yorker culinary phenom, are thrown into each other's lives when they become roommates. This is a story of 3 paths slowly beginning to cross and merge as they spend the year apart, but the summers together. Through navigating the social-cultural shoals of the school, developing their adolescence, and learning the confusing and conflicting legacies of their families' past, Shirin, Ingrid, and Vivien form an unbreakable bond. 
Three very different girls, boarding school and the 70's! Count me in :)
It also gives me a very Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants feeling!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read Sisterhood, but this one does sound really interesting. Coming of age each summer - a fun beach book, perhaps? Nice pick!

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new follower and it looks like I have the honour of being your first.

    I like the sound of your pick for WOW - it does sound reminiscent of Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants and I'm a big fan of those books. I love friendship books and the mix of cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently snagged this one from Galley Grab and I can't wait to start it! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete